2017 Annual Convention
Congratulations on being accepted to the NCTE Annual Convention program!Get Your Badge!
To view information about your session, please log in to the program submission system.
*Note: This login is the same email and password you used to submit your proposal and accept your invitation (not necessarily the login used at ncte.org). If you don’t know your password, there is a reset option on the login page.
To ensure your session information is included in all of the 2017 program materials, please make sure you meet all of these deadlines:
- Week of April 24, 2017: Announcements sent by email. Invited participants should log in to the NCTE proposal system to accept their invitations to present.
- June 15, 2017: Deadline for invited participants to log in to the NCTE proposal system and accept their invitations to present. (Participants should also check names, affiliations, titles, and annotations for errors.)
- August 31, 2017: Last date for presenters to register for the Convention and be included in the printed program.
*PLEASE NOTE: Participants are required to register for the Convention. If you have accepted an invitation to present, but have not registered for the Convention by August 31, 2017, your name will not be included in the printed program.
A/V Information for Session Rooms
All session rooms at the NCTE Annual Convention will be equipped with a microphone, LCD projector, screen, and sound (see the list below for specific details). Participants will be required to supply their own laptops and, for some devices, an adapter to connect to the LCD projector VGA connection. Wi-Fi will be available but bandwidth quality cannot be guaranteed. Please have an alternate plan in place for any portions of your presentation requiring Internet access in the event you are not able to connect.
What’s included in each room:
- 8’x8’ Screen
- 3000 Lumen Projector
- VGA cable & HDMI cable for your computer to connect to the projector
- Wireless Slide Advancer
- Computer Audio Adapter (for embedded videos/music/sound bytes)
- Podium and wired microphone (provided by the venue)
What you need to bring with you:
- A laptop computer or tablet
- If your computer does not have a VGA or HDMI output, you will need to supply the appropriate dongle to adapt to that cable (for example, Mini Display Port to HDMI, or USB-C to HDMI)
Things that will help your presentation:
- Test your equipment in the speaker ready room at least 1 day before your presentation to make sure that your computer will connect to the provided equipment. Doing so will aid in discovering any potential display issues.
- Download all embedded videos; do not rely on YouTube or the internet to play videos. Because there will be so many devices using WiFi (phones/tablets/computers, etc.) in the building, this will assist in any potential buffering issues on the day of your presentation.
If you have any A/V questions or special requests please refer them to:
Megan Neyer, email@example.com, Breakout Room Audio Visual Account Manager or
Mike Burman, firstname.lastname@example.org, NCTE Audio Visual Account Manager
- Details for panel and classroom demonstration presenters
- Details for roundtable session presenters
- Details for poster session presenters
- Details for speakers accepted as part of High School Matters
- Duties for session chairs
Should you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter at @ncte and use the Annual Convention hashtag #NCTE17.