2019 Annual Convention
Congratulations on being accepted to the NCTE Annual Convention program! May 31 is the deadline for accepting program invitations. Please provide correct affiliations for the Convention Program by August 2.Get Your Social Media Badge!
To view information about your session, please use your unique link (sent to you by email in late March) to access your presenter zone.
- Click on your unique link
- Accept (or Decline) your invitation to present (each participant must accept or decline their invitation; the chair or group leader cannot do that for you)
- Under “Your Contact Information,” click on “Edit Your Contact Information”; under “Additional Speaker Information,” fill in your Affiliation, Affiliation City, and Affiliation State
- Be sure your name is listed the way you want it to appear in the Convention Program
To ensure your session information is included in all of the 2019 program materials, please make sure you meet all of these deadlines:
- Week of March 25, 2019: Announcements sent by email.
- May 31, 2019: Deadline for invited participants to accept their invitations to present.
- August 2, 2019: Final deadline for invited participants to provide correct affiliation for Convention Program.
- September 24, 2019: Last date for presenters to register for the Convention and be included in the printed program.
A/V Information for Session Rooms
All session rooms at the NCTE Annual Convention will be equipped with a microphone, LCD projector, screen, and sound (see the list below for specific details). Participants will be required to supply their own laptops and, for some devices, an adapter to connect to the LCD projector VGA connection. Wi-Fi will be available but bandwidth quality cannot be guaranteed. Please have an alternate plan in place for any portions of your presentation requiring Internet access in the event you are not able to connect.
What’s included in each room:
- 8’x8’ Screen
- 3000 Lumen Projector
- VGA cable & HDMI cable for your computer to connect to the projector
- Wireless Slide Advancer
- Computer Audio Adapter (for embedded videos/music/sound bytes)
- Podium and wired microphone (provided by the venue)
What you need to bring with you:
- A laptop computer or tablet
- If your computer does not have a VGA or HDMI output, you will need to supply the appropriate dongle to adapt to that cable (for example, Mini Display Port to HDMI, or USB-C to HDMI)
Things that will help your presentation:
- Test your equipment in the speaker ready room at least 1 day before your presentation to make sure that your computer will connect to the provided equipment. Doing so will aid in discovering any potential display issues.
- Download all embedded videos; do not rely on YouTube or the internet to play videos. Because there will be so many devices using WiFi (phones/tablets/computers, etc.) in the building, this will assist in any potential buffering issues on the day of your presentation.
If you have any A/V questions or special requests please refer them to:
Megan Neyer, firstname.lastname@example.org, Breakout Room Audio Visual Account Manager or
Mike Burman, email@example.com, NCTE Audio Visual Account Manager
- Details for panel and classroom demonstration presenters
- Details for roundtable session presenters
- Details for poster session presenters
- Details for speakers accepted as part of High School Matters
- Moderator guide for session chairs