Congratulations on being accepted to the NCTE Annual Convention program!
Presenters are required to register for the Convention. Once registered, you will receive regular communications about the event.
A few reminders:
- Presenter RSVP: Please accept (or decline) your invitation to present and sign your speaker agreement
- Presenter Registration: All presenters must register for the Convention
- Hotel Reservations: See the NCTE website for housing information
- Monday, November 7, 12:00 noon ET: Deadline for program changes (program pdf files will be updated just prior to the start of the Convention)
Times listed for sessions are in Pacific Time.
NCTE takes the health and safety of its personnel and all guests at events very seriously. In light of ongoing concerns regarding COVID-19 and communicable health risks more generally, NCTE is requiring all attendees to be fully vaccinated against COVID to attend the 2022 NCTE Annual Convention. See our full Event Policies (and all NCTE event policies).
Onsite AV Details:
NCTE will provide a Laptop, LCD projector with accompanying screen, microphone, and sound patch. No other media equipment will be provided. Please be sure to bring your presentation on a USB storage device to load onto the presentation computer. Your presentation must be in PowerPoint or PDF format as those are the only format the computers will support.
The WiFi bandwidth in the Convention Center will not be sufficient to present streaming video. Please have a backup plan ready.
Presenting a Poster?
Please see our Tips for Poster Sessions.
Acting as a Moderator?
Visit this page for a Moderator Guide for Session Chairs.
As a presenter, you are required to sign the NCTE Speaker Agreement. To RSVP and sign your speaker agreement, please
- visit the proposal database,
- sign into your account,
- go to your Dashboard,
- click on “Activity Center,” and
- click on the blue “Ready Room” button beneath the “2022 NCTE Annual Convention” header.
Submitting a Virtual Recording
NCTE is excited to be back in person for this year’s Convention. In addition to your in-person presentation, we are extending an invitation for those willing to also record their presentation ahead of the Convention, to be placed in the on-demand library of the Convention’s digital platform. This allows for participants who are unable to travel to Anaheim for various reasons to still participate in the high standard for education content NCTE is known for. In addition, this will also greatly expand the reach to the teachers and students NCTE serves by opening these virtual presentations to those joining us in Anaheim, allowing them to continue to learn after the in-person event concludes. Your recordings will be uploaded in advance and will be available for attendee viewing beginning the first day of the Convention.
Fill out this form to confirm your intent to participate in pre-recording your session in addition to presenting in person in Anaheim.
- For your virtual session recording, we highly recommend presenting your session just as you will at the in-person event.
- For Panel Presentations/Roundtable Sessions: We request you record the session with all of your co-presenters together, either in person or as a meeting via Zoom. If you are not able to record it together as a single presentation, please combine your recordings and upload only one video file. Only one person from your session needs to upload materials.
- If you submitted an individual proposal and are now part of a combined session, you may submit your presentation by itself without the other presentations in your session.
- We recommend ending your presentation with a slide showing your contact information—email, website, phone number—so attendees can contact you with comments or questions.
- In order to be ADA compliant, presenters must include closed-captioning or a session transcript for all virtual sessions. You may use whichever captioning or transcript service you’d like, but we recommend:
Tips and Tricks:
- Use hardwired internet service when recording
- Use a headset for clear audio
- Embed video clips into your PowerPoint presentation
- Select a slide, then go to Insert> Video
- Select Video on My PC.
- Select the video you want to add from your computer, then select Insert
- Include proper introduction and closure; thank the audience
- Choose a quiet environment
- Test lighting and camera positioning prior to presentation
- Be mindful of your background
- Mute your microphone when not speaking
Session recordings and additional materials may be uploaded via this form on the 2022 NCTE Annual Convention Website.
- Approved File Types:
- Video recording must be an MP4. The size limit for video files is 100MB.
- If your presentation is in PowerPoint, Word, etc., please convert it to a PDF prior to uploading.
- You are allowed up to five files, but we ask that you limit to one video, one handout, and one transcript file per session.
- Your file names should include part or all of your session title depending on title length, and it should also include the file type. For example: PresentationTitle_Video, PresentationTitle_HandOut, PresentationTitle_Transcript.
The deadline to submit virtual materials is 9:00 a.m. ET on Monday, October 31.
Virtual session recordings will be available to registered attendees in the digital platform until 4:59 p.m. ET, Tuesday, February 21, 2023.